Peddlers Shanghai Craft Gin (200ml Bottle)
Born on the back streets of Shanghai, the hustle and bustle charm of the world’s biggest trading port was the perfect inspiration from a more adventurous gin. Awarded the DMBA China Bartender Brand of the Year, Peddlers offers a distinctive yet perfectly balanced recipe, made with ingredients from the West and the Far East. Our award-winning product is the result of a five-year journey focused solely on creating a gin for the most discerning and adventurous drinkers.
About The Brand
Born on the back streets of Shanghai, the hustle and bustle charm of the world’s biggest trading port was the perfect inspiration from a more adventurous gin. Awarded the DMBA China Bartender Brand of the Year in 2020, Peddlers offers a distinctive yet perfectly balanced recipe, made with ingredients from the West and the Far East.
Our Award-Winning Gin is the result of a five-year journey focused solely on creating a gin for the most discerning and adventurous drinkers. Our organic botanicals are foraged from locations such as Sichuan, Yunnan and Gansu for a distinctively Eastern flavour unlike any other gin. Our ingredients tell a story of the beauty and diversity of China and its unique natural flora.
- Juniper Berries: We select the finest juniper berries from the slopes of the Northern Hungarian Highlands. Our berries are macerated in warm spirit for 12 hours to allow the skins to burst and release the essences, bringing out the distinctive juniper flavour at the heart of all gin
- Sichuan Pepper: Our Sichuan peppers are sourced from Qingxi, 150 miles southwest of Chengdu. The most fragrant and prized peppers on the market, they were once gifted to the emperor for medicinal and culinary uses. Famous for their numbing heat in Sichuan cuisine, they add floral and spice notes to Peddlers gin
- Buddha’s Hand: A symbol of longevity and fortune in China, Buddha’s Hand has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Hailing from Yunnan, this unusual fruit has a flavour similar to lemon zest but with a more floral twist, making it an ideal addition to Peddler’s gin
- Lotus Flower: Lotus flower has been used for thousands of years and has played an important role in China’s culinary history. In Buddhist tradition, the flower is a symbol of purity. Sourced from Gansu in Northern China, the white petals add a light floral nose and aftertaste to Peddlers
- Liquorice: Our liquorice is sourced from an organic farm in China’s southern Guangdong province, near the banks of the Han River that flows into the South China Sea. Liquorice adds a complementary bittersweet note, while allowing the flavours from other botanicals to shine through in Peddlers gin
- Tianshan Almonds: One of the most cherished foods in China’s Northwest region, our almonds are sourced from Tianshan, meaning ‘Heavenly Mountains’, near the border of Kyrgyzstan. The relative scarcity of water in the climate makes the almonds sweeter than other varieties, adding depth to the Peddlers recipe
- Angelica: Sourced from the seasonal climates of North Eastern China, angelica acts as a binding ingredient helping to balance and complement the other botanicals. It also offers its own dry notes to the overall Peddlers botanical mix, rounding off the gin with a smooth, dry finish
- Cardamom Pods: Our cardamom pods come from the tropical climates of Java, Indonesia. With a resinous and slightly cooling flavor, familiar to connoisseurs of chai tea, cardamom adds a distinctive sweet spice to the mix matching perfectly with the juniper and coriander in Peddlers gin
- Coriander Seeds: Our coriander seeds are sourced from the arid, mountainous areas of Northern India. They bring a soft spiciness with mild hints of fresh ginger and citrus, complementing the citrus notes from Buddha’s Hand and mala notes from Sichuan pepper in Peddlers gin
- Chinese Cassia: Our cassia bark hails from China’s Southwestern province, Yunnan, near the Tibetan border. Famous for its diverse cuisine, Yunnan produces some of the best Cassia bark in the world. As a close relative of cinnamon, Cassia brings notes of warm, sweet spice to the Peddlers recipe.