Albert Wines, your trusted wine and spirits provider since 1992.

Montes ‘Alpha M’ 2018

RM465.00

SKU:
AWS105906

Order 6 bottles, and receive the original wooden box

The production of Montes Alpha M is extremely limited and vintages are only released if our head winemaker, Aurelio Montes considers the quality of the wine to be of a good enough standard. Production starts by selecting individual grapes at harvest time. This wine, from the Apalta Valley (a sub-region of Colchagua), is one of the best and most awarded Chilean wines.

The vineyards that give rise to our Montes Alpha M are located in the Colchagua Valley, at our Finca de Apalta estate. The soils are of granitic origin and vary in clay content, depth, organic matter, and in particular, the quantity of rocks and stones found in them, which range from fluvial to glacial in origin, highlighting the great diversity of soils. Some areas also show the influence of the nearby Tinguiririca River, while higher up, material from the long-term erosion of the valley’s mountainside is evident. The soils are deep in the flatter areas and thinner at the foot of the mountains, where the Cabernet Sauvignon is planted on 30aº slopes. This produces wines with characteristic concentration, good structure, outstanding colour, and excellent ageing potential.
80% of the wine aged for 18 months in new French oak barrels. The remaining 20% aged in second- and third-use barrels for the same 18 months.
Deep carmine-red colour. The complex nose shows broad notes of ripe red and black fruit, cherry syrup, figs, and blackberry. Its time in French oak barrels is reflected in the toasted notes, sweet spices, tobacco, and hint of wet earth; there’s also some dairy-like toffee and dulce de leche. On the palate the wine is balanced, with extremely silky tannins; broad in body, with well-harmonized acidity and flavours that reflect the aromas on the nose, all leading to a long, fruit-forward, and vibrant finish.
Descorchados: 96Pts; Wine Spectator: 95Pts; Wine Enthusiast: 93Pts; Decanter: 91Pts
Tasting Profile
Full-bodied
Blackberry
Oaky
Raspberry
Spicy
About The Brand

Vina Montes is an icon of Colchagua, producing some of the best-known wines in the region and beyond. Although Montes is associated with the Montes family, the production and Montes winery is actually owned by several associates who today claim over 700 hectares of vineyards. In recent years, Aurelio Montes Snr handed over winemaking duties to his son Aurelio Jnr who now heads up the team in Apalta who makes wines from all over Chile.

Viña Montes is the shared vision of four friends, first dreamed up in the late 1980s, of making Chilean wines to a higher level than the world had ever seen. Now sold in more than 100 countries and noted as pioneers of high-end Chilean wine, Montes has undoubtedly achieved that goal. Perhaps it is the work of the angels that adorn the winery at every turn and, indeed, the wines’ labels – a superior presence that one of the founders felt alongside him, they add to the winery’s decidedly mystical air.

Product Details
Weight:
Alcohol Level:
Size:
Country:
Family:
Vintage:
Region Information:

In stock

Stay Up To Date With All Our Latest News And Get RM30 Off Your Next Order.

Sign up for our monthly newsletter to hear first about all our latest amazing offers, upcoming events, wine news and more, plus receive RM30 off your next order.

Learn More

Stay Up To Date With All Our Latest News And Get RM30 Off Your Next Order

Sign up for our monthly newsletter to hear first about all our latest amazing offers, upcoming events, wine news and more, plus receive RM30 off your next order.

Learn More
Get notified by email when this product becomes available
  • Product price
Country
  • Product Country
Brand
  • Product Brand
  • Product price
Country
  • Product Country
Region
  • Product Region
Brand
  • Product Brand
  • Product price
Country
  • Product Country
Region
  • Product Region
Grapes
  • Product Grape Variety
Brand
  • Product Brand
  • Product price
Country
  • Product Country
Region
  • Product Region
Brand
  • Product Brand
  • Product price