De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ Botrytis Semillon (Half-bottle – 375ml)
This highly awarded and pedigreed botrytised dessert wine is made in the style of the great French Sauternes. A medley of quince, fig, honey, creme brulee and citrus marmalade with a refreshing acidity which offsets the richness and lusciousness to give a deftly balanced finish. Nutty oak adds to the tactile layers of this wine adding to the impressive length and style.
Darren De Bortoli created Noble One at our family winery in 1982, to this day it is still one of the most awarded wines in history. More than three decades after this pioneering Botrytis Semillon took the world by storm, internationally acclaimed Noble One remains the benchmark of Australian ‘Botrytis’ dessert winemaking.
Jeremy Oliver: 95Pts; Tom Cannavan: 93Pts; Wine Enthusiast: 93Pts; CellarTracker: 91Pts
Langton Classification: Excellent (Australian wines of consistent merit. Steadfast, popular and expressive)
2013 Vintage Awards:
* 2016 Australian Inland Wine Show – Trophy
* 2016 Cowra Wine Show – Trophy
* 2016 Sydney Royal Wine Show – Trophy
* 2016 The Royal Queensland Wine Show – Trophy
* 2015 Australian Inland Wine Show – Trophy
* 2015 Rutherglen Wine Show – Trophy
* 2016 Australian Inland Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2016 Berlin Wine Trophy – Gold Medal
* 2016 Cowra Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2016 Melbourne Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2016 Perth Royal Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2016 Rutherglen Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2016 Sydney Royal Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2016 The Royal Queensland Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2015 Australian Inland Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2015 Cowra Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2015 Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition – Gold Medal
* 2015 National Capital Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2015 Riverina Wine Show – Gold Medal
* 2015 Rutherglen Wine Show – Gold Medal
About The Brand
The De Bortoli family story is one of determination and triumph that started 90 years ago in war-torn Europe and is now told, generations later, across Australia. Starting with Vittorio and Giuseppina De Bortoli, their history encompasses the universal story of immigrants making good in an adopted land through hard work, innovation and the support of family and friends. From humble beginnings making small amounts of dry table wine, mostly for fellow European immigrants, De Bortoli Wines expanded and consolidated under the direction of Vittorio and Giuseppina’s energetic son Deen and his wife Emeri.
Their four children – Darren, Leanne, Kevin and Victor – joined the family business and developed De Bortoli’s reputation for premium wine, firstly through iconic dessert wine Noble One and then via the success of the cool climate wines produced at the family’s Yarra Valley Estate. Today, as a fourth generation contemplates entering the family business, De Bortoli Wine’s official motto, Semper ad Majora (“always striving for better”) and the unofficial one (good food, good wine and good friends) remain as true and central as ever.